How to say I love you in Spanish is probably the phrase that most students request.
Depending on the location, there are 2 ways to say it in Spanish. In Spain, the most common translation for I love you is TE QUIERO but in Latin America people also say TE AMO.
Learning these Spanish love phrases takes time and a bit of memorization but once you have mastered them, you will be able to use them very easily.
Memorizing a few romantic Spanish phrases can improve your vocabulary nicely. Although there are only 2 ways of saying I love you in Spanish, thankfully there are several other romantic Spanish phrases that you can use to let someone know you love them. There is a romantic Spanish phrase for however you wish to express yourself: whether you’re feeling playful, silly, serious or incredibly romantic.
Spanish love phrases
The following are some common Spanish love phrases translated into English. There is now no excuse for you to say that you don’t know how to say I love you in Spanish!
- Estoy chiflado/a por ti (I have a crush on you)
- No puedo vivir sin ti (I can’t live without you)
- Te necesito (I need you)
- Eres increíble (You are amazing)
- Eres lo mejor que me ha pasado (You are the best thing that ever happened to me)
- Nunca nadie me había hecho sentir como tú lo haces (Nobody has ever made me feel the way you do)
- Si algo he hecho bien en esta vida fue entregarte mi corazón (If I did something right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you)
- Mi amor por ti no tiene fin (My love for you is never ending)
- Siempre te amaré (I will love you forever)
- Quiero pasar el resto de mi vida contigo (I want to spend the rest of my life with you)
- Bésame (Kiss me)
- Cásate conmigo (Marry me)
- Te echo de menos / Te extraño (I miss you)
If you want to practise these Spanish love phrases, write them down (to get the spelling correct) and also pronounce them out loud so that when you need to use them, your Spanish-speaking recipient will understand what you are saying.
The above Spanish love phrases may take a while to learn but if you would like to do so more quickly, have a listen to these great Spanish songs which will help you to memorise these romantic Spanish phrases: Bésame mucho and No puedo vivir sin ti.
Now that you know how to say I love you in Spanish, give yourself a pat on the back! If you would like to learn more essential Spanish phrases, why not sign up on our website for a few Spanish lessons via Skype?
You can also visit our blog where you will find some useful tips to learn Spanish fluently.